You might be thinking “Why should I guest blog when I have my own blog?” There are various reasons to guest blog, especially if you are new to the blogging world. It can be a powerful tool to build reputation. It also exposes your voice to new followers. It is a valuable way to share your experiences with a wider audience, earn trust, and build links.
You might also wonder why a blog owner would offer a fellow blogger the opportunity to guest blog on his/her website. What’s in it for them? There are several benefits for the blog owner as well, such as increased traffic to their site and exposure to a new audience. It can give the blog owner a much-needed break from writing. Or just provide fresh content for their site as well as offer a different perspective on a related matter. So there are benefits for both the guest blogger and the blog owner when inviting fellow bloggers to guest blog.
There are a few guidelines that are good to follow when deciding to guest blog. Here are some of the essential ones.
- Write a fresh, original article. You shouldn’t use content that you have published elsewhere.
- Blog just like you would on your own blog but use your highest quality work. Remember, this is the writing content that your own blog could be judged on so you want to put your best foot forward.
- Don’t use a sales pitch. Again, you should blog the same as you would on your own blog so you want to sound personable.
- Create a short interesting bio of yourself so your readers will be able to relate to you on a personal level.
- Use an email address, preferably with a gravatar (globally recognized avatar) that readers will come to associate you with. You can do this by signing up with www.gravatar.com and uploading a personal photo.
- Your article should be a minimum of 500 words and upwards of 1500+ words.
- Structure your article so it is easy for your readers to understand and follow.
- Try to follow up with readers comments. Remember these are potential new followers for your blog.
- Lastly, do not include any affiliate links. You are a guest blogger, so save the affiliate links for your own blog,
Now that you have the lowdown on the benefits of guest blogging, how about sharing some of your great experiences with us? We would like to invite you to contribute to the enjoyment of our readers by sharing your experiences, ideas, and opinions on our website. We would love the opportunity to work with you! Here is how to get started.
Contact us with a brief description of what you would like to write about. Include a short bio of yourself. Once approved, you will be automatically registered as a contributing author. This takes only a short time. After that, you can write your entries and submit them for publication. As soon as they are reviewed, they will be published. We look forward to reading your work!